Sunday, June 16, 2013

Ten Pin Linky: Classroom Decor

Y'all know how much I LOVE Pinterest! Well, I found a fun linky party over at Just Reed to join this summer! The first link up is all about my favorite classroom decor pins. Let's get started...




1. Since I'm moving up to first grade, I'll need an AMAZING word wall! Here are two displays that I found on Pinterest that I like...now I have to decide which one to use.

2. I think I've had this birthday display pinned for at least a year now but I'm determined to create it in my new classroom this year! I've even put it on my "To Do" list! {That makes it official.}

3. I just love the BIG eyes on this display. What a great way to help students brainstorm things they can write about. I've been doing some brainstorming of my own on how I could incorporate a display similar to this one in my classroom.

 4. I just love this idea of having a kid friendly "I Can..." standard display in the classroom! When I found this on Pinterest, it immediately went on my "to do" list!

5. I'll be changing from tables to desk this upcoming year and these group bookshelves would be perfect to help keep my new lions organized! Now, I just have to find someone to put them together for me.

6.New room, new windows and of course they're not the same. My MIL made me super cute polka dot curtains a few years ago and I didn't know what I was going to do until I found this pin! YAY, problem solved!

7. I just love this bookshelf makeover idea! What a great way to add a little color to your classroom! Maybe I can jazz up my group bookshelves with this idea?

8. Here's another great way to add a splash of color to your room! I have some left over fabric that would be perfect for this project! Follow the link to the tutorial...it's a good one!

9. In case you haven't noticed, I'm kinda into polka dots! I just love these lanterns from the Schoolgirl Style shop. I think they would be a perfect way to identify my desk groups!

10. Last but not least, FILING CABINET MAKEOVER! I don't know anyone who thinks their boring old filing cabinets are cute!

I'm glad a limit of 10 was put on this linky because I could make this a VERY LONG POST but I won't. If you like these Pinterest finds, be sure to click my cute little Pinterest lion {top left of blog} and follow me!

One last thing...


10 comments:

  1. I have found that the first word wall (with the boxes) works really well with my kiddos! I love all your pins, especially the bookshelf idea!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1 is Having a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first word wall with boxes is the style I currently use.
      I attach small magnets on the back of each word so it is an interactive board. Kids can use this independently.

      Delete
  2. I love the Writer's Eye display and the polka dot lanterns are to die for! Thanks for linking up. Please link up starting Wed. on classroom management!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Great idea for a linky!

      Delete
  3. SUPER cute!! I have totally had the Writing Eye idea pinned for about as long as it has been around!! Hum. Might have to do something about that!! i also LOVE LOVE your word walls pinned!! Might just need to "steal" one of those for this coming year!! LOVE!

    Good Luck in 1st!! Will miss you in K! :)
    Sarah
    quiet stalker!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sarah! I LOVE having a quiet stalker! LOL

      Delete
  4. LOVE all these ideas and we spent a ton of time last summer redoing our room because of all the ideas we saw on Pinterest=dangerous! That rod holder is a genius idea. Love 3M! Thanks for sharing Nicole!

    You will love first grade! It's amazing how they come to you and then what they know when they leave. Nothing better. Let us know if we can help you out in any way. Welcome!

    ~Christy & Tammy
    Fluttering Through First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Ms. Lanier too and I teach first grade also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi love all your creative Ideas for the classroom. I'm in the process of setting up my classroom. I need to decorate my filling cabinets. How did you put that paper or tape on the drawers? I really want to do something like that but my handles don't come off :\

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for reminding me to recover my chair! That was on my list of things to do this summer..... but I've been having a blast re-doing grandkids' bedrooms! And I love the meme!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips