Monday, April 1, 2013

Sight Word Egg Hunt

I hope everyone had a fabulous Easter yesterday! My spring break has officially begun today! Having an entire week off is just what I need to get some things done around the house and of course get caught up on some units I've planned for school.

So, my question to you is..."Are you allowed to celebrate Easter at your school?" I am allowed to celebrate the commercial aspect of Easter with my kids. So, of course we had to have an egg hunt. Here's the twist to our egg hunt though...the kids have to read the sight word on the egg in order to keep it! We call it our "Sight Word Egg Hunt!" Every year I have my parents send in plastic eggs filled with candy. We tape them closed and add a sight word label to each egg. The kids get a bag and a checklist and they're OFF!
 Here's our sight word list! Grab a copy for your files or use it this year!

Last but not least...we had a special Easter guest reader on Friday! My wonderful mother-in-law came to our class and read a few Easter stories to my lions. She even made us little bunnies to wear! I'm a lucky girl! Thank you Jean for being so wonderful! 

3 comments:

  1. Nicole, this is adorable!!!! Love this idea and will definitely do this next year. …and the little bunnies are precious! Thank you!

    -krissy
    Ms. Hutten’s Buttons

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my kiddos find eggs with their names on them-love this sight word idea! Thanks for sharing-next year:) Enjoy your break-ours is this week too but I went in today to do some cleaning up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely have to do this next year! I needed a way to have a hunt without it being about Easter. Thank you for the idea and the resources!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips