Thursday, March 14, 2013

Shamrock Art & FREEBIE

Our theme this entire week has been St. Patrick's Day. We have had so much fun learning about the history and culture of Ireland! St. Patrick's Day symbols popped up in all of our activities!

As I'm sure you all know, identifying individual sounds in words is a BIG task for us in kindergarten! This week we worked on ending sounds! 

 My lions LOVE to read! We make books all the time in our class. This week we worked on our "Leprechaun, What Do You See?" books. We worked on sounding out words, writing words, & identifying sight words!

What craft did we do this week? "Shamrock Sun Catchers" of course! After our week of rainbows, my lions and I decided our shamrocks were going to have rainbow colors! These look amazing in our windows! I will be keeping these up until the end of March!

Here are the steps to creating this easy craft.
1. Cut shamrock shape out of green construction or card stock paper. Make sure you cut the inside of the shamrock too!
2. Laminate the shamrocks.
3. Students glue tissue paper to the plastic until they can't see through the shamrock anymore. 
4. Laminate the shamrocks again and POOF you have sun catchers!
I realize there's a lot of laminating but trust me it's totally worth it! Our pre-k teacher gave me this hint!

Thank you for stopping by! Here's a St. Patrick's Day bookmark just for you! Add a piece of cute ribbon to the end and your kids will have a cute bookmark for March.

Don't forget to stop by my TPT store for your copy of my St. Patrick's Day Math & Literacy pack! 




2 comments:

  1. I love your shamrock sun catchers! We made heart sun catchers in February with contact shelf paper, but it was crazy how much time it took. Going to have to try it your way! Love all your centers!

    ~Jessica
    Fun in PreK-1 is Having a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shamrock sun catchers are adorable!! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips