Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Marching in Kindergarten

It amazes me every year how quickly time flies! It seems just like yesterday we were learning our rules and procedures and now we're becoming so independent. I'm such a proud kindergarten mamma! My lions have truly amazed me this year with all the things they've learned and retained! 

One of our favorite times of the day is math centers. The first half of the year our math time was set up as stations and the kids stayed at their tables. Now, we're making our own activity choices and working independently! I smile every time I look around my room and see my little lions working so hard!  

Here's a peak into our little world...
Simple but effective "Shamrock Subtraction" activity. I simply printed the subtraction cards and laminated them so the kids could use dry erase markers to solve the problems. Then they record the problem and answer on their shamrock sheet. I have no clue why my lions LOVE dry erase markers so much but I'm glad they do!



 St. Patrick's Day themed counting by 10's number puzzle and a FREEBIE for you
(Just click the picture to download.)

 We've been using shamrocks to measure St. Patrick's day symbols

I'm sure you're wondering..."why on earth did she randomly put a kitten themed graphing activity in her March math centers?" The answer is simple...they're rainbow kittens!!! I don't know about you but when I think of March/St. Patrick's Day I think of rainbows! PS: This is one of my newest TPT creations. There are lots of math activities included this pack! (Click on the picture to be directed to my TPT store!)


All of the math stations in this post are included in my St. Patrick's Day Math & Literacy pack! Sneak peak at literacy activities tomorrow! Come back to check them out! Thanks for stopping by!



4 comments:

  1. Your packs look great, and how cute are those rainbow kittens?! :) Thank you for your freebie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the adorable freebie! I'm headed over to check out your packs!! :)

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the freebie! I'm going to do this with my 4 year old daughter, we love holidays and we love math!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the freebie. Your packs are really awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips