Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Freebie, Award, & Question

Award

First of all, I would like to thank Lauren at Teacher Mom of 3 for giving me the Liebster Award! It was a very nice surprise!
 
This award is named for the German word "Liebster," which translates to "beloved" or "favorite", and it is given to "new, up and coming bloggers." 

 
 
The rules:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to at least 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.

Here are the
blogs I have awarded the Liebster Blog to:

Take a minute and check out all these fabulous blogs! It's amazing how many blogs there are out in cyber space!!  I could have made this list much longer!!!!  Congratulations Ladies! 



 
Since polka dots make me so happy, I had to create my Daily Five choice cards to match the rest of my classroom! Enjoy!



Question
So, I went back to my classroom this past week with high expectations of transforming my mess into a functional room again! Well, not much transforming occurred because apparently I left my motivation at home. One of the things I did work on was my word wall, which began as a huge dry erase board that needed a new function. I had this great idea that blue painters tape would be perfect to create my grid but that wasn't the case. I got the grid up on Wednesday and when I returned on Thursday it had fallen off the board.  Any suggestions on what I could use to create my grid that won't ruin the board?  

8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award Nicole. :) The only thing I can think of to section off the board would be to maybe use magnetic borders. Good luck and I'll be interested in what you decide, I want to do a small section of my own white board.

    Catherine
    Kinder Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your daily five choice cards! They are super adorable!
    :)
    Blessings of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Freebie! I just read the Daily 5 book and will be using these with my polka dot theme as well!
    ~Tina
    Laugh Live Love Learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing all of your ideas! I had never heard of the "Pete the Cat" book. I can't wait to go to Barnes & Nobles this afternoon! I am moving my word wall this year to an oddly placed dry erase board at the back of the room. I have had the same problems- even magnetic strips didn't stick. I think I am going to use a yardstick & draw the borders in a different color. Thank you again for sharing all of your great ideas! ~Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have your solution electric tape, I have used it on my white board for my word wall and it worked fabulously.....I used black but they come in all colors...thanks for the Pete the Cat freebie! Jaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never would have thought to use electrical tape! Is it hard to remove...I'm wishy washy sometimes and may want to change the color. LOL

      Delete
  6. I'm beyond excited that I found your blog and you share the same love for polka dots I do! I am a first year Kindergarten teacher and spend hours on Pintrest looking for ideas. Thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips