Wednesday, May 30, 2012

End of the Year Camping Activity

At the end of every year, my wonderful kindergarten team celebrates summer by having a "Round Robin" day. The kids go to each of our rooms and participate in an activity centered around summer activities. The activity in my room this year was camping. The kids came in, sit on my rug and we read Arthur Goes to Camp. Then we discuss the things we would need if we were going camping and do a simple sort on the Promethean Board. Next, I show the kids pictures on the Promethean Board and have them guess what we are going to have for our special snack. This year we made a s'more mix (mini Teddy Grahams, chocolate chips, & mini marshmallows). They loved it!

After the kids eat their snack, they are allowed to pick a tent (I have 1 large and 3 small tents set up around the room.) and read with flashlights! The rules are simple...read and don't play or you'll have to get out of the tent. The tents are a great behavior management tool! Of course, when I come around with my camera the kids get a little silly.





1 comment:

  1. This kind of activity is really fun and exciting, kids also love to do this camping activity and looks they enjoyed it too much. Even I am not a kid I also want to join camping maybe here in Philippines because aside from a lots of activities here we can also relax and unwind for a moment. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips